About Abba Blum
Abba Blum is the Vice-President and co-founder of MN Blum, LLC and has over 29 years of experience in public accounting serving the real estate industry. He specializes in real estate assurance, tax and advisory and serves numerous clients in the homebuilding and development industry.
Abba leads the firm’s assurance practice and oversees audits of real estate developers, property management companies and construction contractors. Abba has extensive experience providing tax and assurance services to clients across a broad industry spectrum enabling him to provide insightful estate planning, business succession planning and tax minimization strategies to benefit his clients.
Abba previously and currently serves on the board of directors of various business and non-for-profit organizations including
- Treasurer of the Shady Grove Adventist Hospital foundation,
- Past Trustee and Treasurer at Green Acres School
- Vice President of the Foundation for Group Homes
- Audit Committee Chairman for the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington.
- Past special advisor to the Board of Directors of Flippo Construction Company, Inc.
- Past member of Professional Ethics Committee of the American Institute of Certified Accountants
- Past Board member of Washington Building Congress
Abba has presented on various income tax and financial reporting issues relevant to the real estate industry including the National Association of Homebuilders and the Urban Land Institute.
Prior to forming MN Blum, LLC, Abba spent 24 years as the real estate lead partner at a top 50 CPA firm.
Abba is a CPA, a member of the AICPA, and received his undergraduate degrees in both Economics and Accounting from the University of Maryland.